Do you ever find your mood swinging from one extreme to another throughout the day? If you’ve dealt with an unstable or irritable mood for a while, you may be searching for natural, holistic solutions. By finding your root irritability causes and taking an all-natural approach, you may be able to stabilize your mood and lift your spirits without having to take a trip to the doctor’s office. Here are a few top strategies for regulating your mood holistically.
Spend Time Outside
Even if you already take different over the counter calming pills to help prevent mood swings, you can bolster your efforts by getting enough fresh air. Spending time outside can:
- Help your body produce essential, hormone-balancing vitamin D
- Lower your level of stress and strengthen your mental resilience
- Lower your odds of developing severe anxiety and/or depression
- Offer a pleasant environment in which to exercise and boost endorphins
- Help you take your mind off your troubles and focus on being in good spirits
Eat Healthy Foods
As you may have gathered from scrolling through various Brillia reviews, the key to a healthy mood is a healthy diet. If your body is starved of crucial nutrients, you may be at greater risk of experiencing unwanted mood swings. You can get around this problem by loading up on healthy foods such as:
- Antioxidant-rich berries
- Fermented dishes containing probiotics and prebiotics
- Oily fish containing omega-3 fatty acids
- Nutrient-packed cruciferous vegetables
- Protein-rich nuts and seeds
- Fiber-rich oats and whole grains
Although the exact strategy that works best for you and your mood at the end of the day can vary from what might work for others, there are at least six tips that can help nudge you in the right direction. To regulate your mood every day, make sure you:
- Avoid too much junk or greasy dishes in your everyday diet and center your eating habits on healthy foods and nutritious cuisine instead;
- Get outdoors to let the sunshine and crisp air lift your mood and to ensure your body has the vitamin D it needs to properly regular your hormones;
- Enjoy caffeine sparingly and cut out excessive amounts that can lead to severe mood swings;
- Adopt new hobbies that give you a chance to socialize and help you get into a better mood naturally;
- Consider supplementing your healthy diet with herbal and homeopathic remedies such as peppermint, ginger, echinacea, eucalyptus, chamomile, garlic, valerian root, adaptogenic herbs, and more;
- Keep your body in top health and keep your hormones balanced by practicing other essential tenets of a healthy daily routine, such as sleeping eight-plus hours nightly, taking occasional power naps, avoiding stressful situations when possible, and making time to relax every night.
When you frequently struggle with mood ups and downs, finding holistic solutions could help to lift your spirits while improving your daily quality of life. To regulate your mood naturally, make sure you spend plenty of time in the great outdoors, load up your plate with healthy options, and follow these other holistic wellness tips.